If you want to step up your mobile photography game, you will need to customize the mobile camera lens you are using. But now, you might be thinking that why the lens is so important? The answer to that question needs an explanation of the way camera lenses work.
Cameras work based on two key components, the lens, and the sensor. The job of the lens is to focus the light and the sensor processes that light into an image. You cannot change the sensor of a mobile camera; it is made into the phone. If we look at the smartphone camera lens, one of the major flaws that these electronic devices have is the short focal length. This means that you cannot get optical zoom and lens blur features like on a DSLR or other professional cameras. However, you can improve the functioning of a mobile camera by attaching external extensions.
If you own a small business of mobile camera lenses, and want to provide your customers with a more profound mobile camera experience, you need to find a reliable mobile camera manufacturer to realize customization. But the options available on the market make the choice very difficult.
To make this task easier for you, we’re going to discuss some of the most important factors you need to consider when customizing mobile camera lenses with OEM. So, without any further ado, let’s dive right into the topic.
Things to Consider When Customizing Mobile Camera Lens
The elements that need to be considered while buying a mobile camera lens for your smartphone include:
- The Manufacturer
One of the most important things to be considered while selecting a mobile camera lens is the company that has manufactured it. Some of the attributes that are indicative of a good manufacturer include:
- An extensive factory with dedicated research and development team.
- The manufacturer must have patented products with international certifications, like RoHS, CE, BSCI, and SEDEX.
- The company must have OEM and ODM production facilities and a portfolio.
- Construction of the Lens
The first thing about the lens itself that you need to consider is the construction of the lens. Here are some guidelines for that:
- The lenses with metallic bodies are the most durable and wear-resistant.
- If the external parts of the mobile camera lens coated with veneer, they are non-toxic to the body and scratch-resistant.
- If you need a mobile phone camera lens that can work underwater, it must be waterproof and filled with nitrogen to avoid blurring under the water.
- Focal Length of the Mobile Camera Lens
Moving on to the functional characterization of the lens, the most important thing that defines a lens is the focal length. The choice of focal length depends on the nature of use you are going to put the lens into. Coming up next are some guidelines about this:
- If you want telephotos and shots that are zoomed in, you need to go with a longer focal length lens. However, it must be kept in mind that the longer the focal length, the larger and bulkier the lens is.
- If you want portrait shots and pictures with a shallow depth of field, you need a lens with a fixed focal length in the mid-range.
- For photography of landscapes and nature, a mobile camera lens with a short focal length can deliver the best results.
In order to better serve your customers, when choosing the manufacturer of customized mobile camera lenses, you should ensure that he could provide you with different types of lens services.
- Ease of Use
Smartphone photography is meant to be a hobby and not a profession, so the lens needs to be convenient. The things that affect the usability of a lens include:
- The way it is attached to the smartphone. Some have clips, other screws onto covers that then go onto the phone. Select the lens with the easiest way of attachment to the phone.
- The weight of the lens is an important factor. A heavier lens tends to pull the phone to a side and can even move away from the stock camera lens during operation, spoiling the photos.
Therefore, when you choose to customize mobile camera lenses, you have check these necessary items with the manufacturer.
A smartphone camera lens costs quite a bit, so make sure that the one you are getting is compatible with as many as phones on the market. Go for a lens that is universal or at least compatible with a number of phones so that you can gain more profits from different customers.
- Form Factor of the Lens
Another important component to consider while selecting a mobile phone camera lens is the size of the lens. Look for a lens in your focal length range that is small enough to fit inside a backpack for your customers because smartphone photography is all about portability.
The Final Verdict
The sensors on mobile phone cameras are getting better and better with every passing year, but the lenses have probably reached their limit. To get the best out of smartphone cameras, your customers will turn into the mobile camera lens always.
The common factors to be considered while choosing customization of your small business a smartphone camera lens are detailed above. Going even a step ahead, APEXEL is one of the best OEM in your list. This is because APEXEL has an R&D team and make patented smartphone lenses after extensive research and testing in addition to meeting all of the above features. Moreover, we also have numerous international certifications such as RoHS, CE, BSCI, and SEDEX.